Thursday, September 11

"I won a cheeseburger"

Don't mean to brag, but... So I pick up Dalen up from school and during my drilling of questions, Dalen mentions he got a 'reward' today... puzzled, I ask "oh, what kind?" "Well I didn't get the attendance one like some kids got cause I've missed some school, but it has an in-n-out paper on the back and I won a cheeseburger..." So after doing some mom fishing, I realize his school had their first awards assembly for the year and Dalen received some kind of 'reward'...we get home and I open up his backpack and there's nothing in there, Dalen has forgotten his folder at school (second time this year) we drive back to school, get it, talk to Ms. H...realize I must've not gotten her postcard reminder in the mail (cause I seriously check the mail like once a week)...Dalen received the Citizenship Award for his class...I am very proud, his teacher says he is very kind and helpful to his classmates and is a great follower of the school rules...Love him...So tomorrow were going to in-n-out to get his cheeseburger since it's minimum day... yummo!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

good job, Jason loves free food, he would be proud!

Anonymous said...

Dalen - Great Job at school. You will get many "Rewards" because you are so smart and try so hard to do the right thing. You are a good example to your brothers and sister. Grandpa and I are so proud of you.