Sunday, November 16

"It's Fun to Run" says JD

We get to the park at 6:30 am, turns out we didn't need to be there until 7:30...we decide to make the best of it and go down by the lake at the park where the starting point for the 1/2 marathon runners...here are some photos of the bros and the kids...


Jared Jesse Joshua


Deveon Dalen


Daddy and Lexis



And they're off...


Jesse and I go to Discovery Park where the finish line is and let the kids play while take a little snooze...well at least Jesse and Noah did...
Josh placed 10th in his age group and Jared placed 8th in his...we had a great weekend...

9 comments:

avalusek said...

Who is JD?

S.Miles said...

Thanks again for being such a great hostess to my husband. He kept talking about how cute the kids were all night lastnight! :) I'm so glad Josh and Jared could run this togehter. I have a feeling this won't be the last race for the both of them! We should look for a Christmas run for when you guys come down. It'd be so fun!!

Lauren said...

S-Yeah! that'd be fun! I'll hang w/ the kids if you wanted to run too! Look for one! It was great to see them run together, big bro helpin lil bro, I'm so proud of my Josh!
A-JD was from Scrubs, it's a quote Josh and I use still...he actually said "it's fun to rhyme" but we started saying run, i don't know?!?

S.Miles said...

Why dont all 4 of us run?!? Maybe we can even talk Jason and Stephanie into doing it too. It would be so fun to do it all together!!

Lauren said...

how far?

S.Miles said...

We'll find a 5K. (3.125 miles) I'll start looking today. It'd be a fun run. Promise. And something we could all do with our husbands. We'll justify it and call it a date! :)

Lauren said...

I ran -or- jogged desperatley a mile today at the gym...so maybe!
Steph are u in?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jared and Josh! You are all such great examples to the kids. I can see you running a race Lauren. You have always had fun competing in a lot of things growing up. Competition is very healthy. Remember -"Winners never quit, quiters never Win"

Stephanie said...

Just read all these comments. so you guys are doing a run?:) I might do it, depends on a few things, but I could out run Jase right now. He was mad when I told him that.