Tuesday, December 16

A few of my favorite things...

So this year, we did not get a tree because we will not be here for the Christmas week but we did get some of our Christmas decorations out to be cheery...Here are some of our favorite ornaments we placed around the house...

This is our newest family ornament...my mom usually gets these for me...actually, I think she has gotten me every one so far...

This is Dalen's snowy, that my mom got him one day while shopping at Beverly's in Stockton CA...we have the cutest video of him looking for it one day in the backyard (in the summer) as he refers to it as "Where my Nowy, where my nowy?" Dalen was 2yrs old

This isn't an ornament but my BFF Tami gave it to me last year...it's baby Jesus and you place a piece of hay in the crib every time you do an act of service and by Christmas he should have a nice pile of hay to nap on...I did my service by buying a crib for a family and giving Christmas presents to a Family this year...I love Christmas...

This ornament is from our Relief Society Christmas Dinner...I have a few of these ornaments from various wards and they do remind me of the wonderful bonds I have made with people in the different cities I have lived in...

This was Dalen's first school ornament he came home with in Kindergarten...Since Deveon is off track during Christmas he and Lexi will be decorating snowflake ornaments tomorrow...

This gold butterfly I just love, but I cannot for the life of me remember who gave it to me...any takers?

Auntie April gave this to my little Noah for his first Christmas last year...it's been in his room all year long...

My BFF Tami went to DLand this Fall and brought me back a cute gingerbread house ornament...

I also love to make my own Christmas Cards every year...I have to limit my list to 26 or I will go crazy making them, but I do love coming up with something bigger and better than last year...This year's card came with a magnet for your fridge so you can have us all year round!

...and I love receicing them as much as I love sending them out!

I love Christmas and all that comes with...the decorations, the shopping, the stories, the Nativity scenes, and the food and family...I'm so esited, as Lexi would say...to see our family and friends this Holiday season...Merry Christmas

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

the baby jesus idea is cute. lots of hay in yours!:)

Stephanie said...

the baby jesus idea is cute. lots of hay in yours!:)

avalusek said...

cute idea.

Lauren said...

Do one...