Tuesday, February 17

Weekend Fun

(Dalen is at school)

My parents came to visit for the weekend and we had a great time...they are the best parents and grandparents! We kicked off the weekend on Friday with a Valentine's Party for the kiddos (see below) and then mom and I went to see 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' which was very cute...

On Saturday Grandpa made a yummy Valentine's Breakfast-Pancakes and then took Dalen and Deveon to see Coraline 3D and out to lunch while mom and I went to the Folsom Outlets with Noah and Lex for our own dose of Shopping-couldn't let Isla have all the fun...and that's where we both bought our very first Coach bags! We kept seeing people with Coach shopping bags as we were walking around and so right before we left we wnet to check it out and they were having a Huge sale! We "saved" so much money too! as Steph mentioned "love this recession, everything's fricken cheap!" so like the good helpers of the economy my mom and I are, we purchased new lovely handbags to go with our new clothes from the Dress Barn...love that store!...Also found shorts for Noah at $1.99 a piece---(would've gotten Adam some but they ended at 18mos...I looked)...Got a new swimsuit and matching bag and a fun skirt for Princess---thanks G'ma...

For Valentine's Day with Josh, my parents watched the kids so Josh and I could go out...We went for a romantic walk thru Old Town Sacramento and had dinner at Johhny Rockets--you know us, never prepared with reservations but our meals were great nevertheless...We found a beautiful wind chime at some crazy hippie store that sold dream Books and bongs...It was great, made us laugh...I love spending time with my best friend and hubby, we always seem to fall in love all over again...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

you have wanted a coach purse FOREVER! designer handbags start with coach, and they just go up from there! watch out!;)

Lauren said...

I know...I was already eyeing some others while I was there...making plans for the future...

Jamie said...

You sound like Mark and me. It would be totally like us to go on a romantic date, and end up at Johnny Rockets. I am a cheeseburger kind of girl though, so I would love it. BTW - super cute purse. Love it.

Mattson Family said...

LOVE the purse! Your Mom is so cute...I miss her! She was like one of the girls back in high school. Glad you had a great weekend. Tell her I said hi!