Tuesday, April 21

A Call from the Teacher

I just had to tell you...and yes it's sappy...
Tonight we came home from our Tuesday night of dropping Dalen off at Karate, then taking Lexi over to gymnastics, grabbing Taco Bell for a quick fix of dinner (if u can call that a healthy dinner but hey what do you do?) then picking Lexi up and going back over to Karate to get Dalen all while I had my friends two boys (6 and 5) plus Deveon being crazy all in the very back then coming home to see Josh for like 10 minutes then off he goes to a church meeting and me getting the kids ready for bed...so while Dalen is in the shower I get a call from Dalen's teacher at school and my Heart sinks...You never know...She just wanted to let me know that she is just so impressed with Dalen and his attitude of wanting to try his best all of the time...she told me how she has never had a first grader so sweet and helpful...She told me he came up to her and said "I like trying my best, is there anything else I can do to be better?" What a funny little kid...I feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful child. I don't know what I would do without him...I honestly lean on him and as daddy says "Dalen's in charge when I'm not around" it is so true...I can't believe that I trust him so much with the family...I know he will be a wonderful husband and father someday and I will be sad to let him go but glad that I had the chance to be his mother...tear, tear :*)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

he really is a sweet kid, we love dalen!

Melanie said...

That is too cute! You gotta love those kind of calls from the teacher.