Thursday, May 31

Our New Home

Finally after months and months of searching all over Los Angeles including, parts of San Bernadino, and Orange County we found it. And I mean the city too when I say IT... Josh has a bit of a commute to work everyday and while we knew Simi Valley would never work for us for a few reasons, I knew we had to be somewhat closer to his work...There were just a lot of items on our check list... Newish home, diversified city/neighbprhood, Good schools, higher than a rating of 5 please, lots of families, Mall {first on my list lol} view of some sort, room enough for the seven of us, lots of younger families in ward...just to name a few off the top of the list...

The night before we were going to make an offer on a home in Porter Ranch I was poking around on lds.org on the church house maps to see where there were a lot of church buildings...I noticed there were a lot of wards in the Santa Clarita area including TWO stakes! That's a lot...The population is only 176,000...We had to look here! And so the next day April my sister in law and her friend Anna who lives here in SCV took me out to see two sets of new homes that were selling and bam! This was just here waiting for us...pretty much, since it had gone thru two potential buyers and they kept lowering the price on it especially now that the year was closing in on them we got some pretty cool incentives to buy it! and now we are pretty much stuck! Awesome interest rate ;) Not going anywhere anytime soon! and I am pretty happy about that since this stake is pretty darn awesome...and I say stake since I have some friends in all the wards! But seriously Mint Canyon is pretty bomb... For you Tina... ;)

And living closer to the family is pretty nice I must say, yesterday we got to go and spend the day with grandparents and cousins and then turn around and drive home...And living closer to L.A. is pretty fun too! and I was missing those mountains...;)









 Our Secret Park  









Our home is just to the left of Deveon's ear ;)


An only one mishap from our double move...



3 comments:

RachelAA said...

wow, wow, wow :)

Phillips Family said...

We are so happy you moved here!!! Mint Canyone is most definitely da bomb ;)

Beth said...

Ahh --- Seeing your TV busted makes me sad :(.

I love your house. What a great find. I'm nervous to move, but excited too! I hear nothing but great things about the ward and area.